Wednesday, November 27, 2013

To the young in love....it gets better!

This month there are 2 young couples from our church in North Carolina who are getting married. I also just heard that a young man from our church got engaged recently. At times I feel like time stands still back home with us living here, but this is proof that time indeed goes on. I am thankful for the love these couples have for their mates. I am thankful for the blessing they will be to the ones after them as they walk through marriage and become the next generation to be looked up to.
To you young folks: Your enthusiasm for the next stage of life is refreshing. The butterflies you feel when your loved one brushes past you; when he holds your hand and makes you feel as if you are the only one in the world who matters to him; I love those feelings! The newness...the desire to do everything possible together. The joy of looking forward to spending days and nights with your loved one is exciting. That love, I remember: but the best thing about that love is that it only gets better. I have been blessed with 15 years of marriage and I can say with an honest heart that my husband has never been more attractive or more amazing in my eyes. I catch myself staring at him and thank the Lord that there is a man who I know better than anyone with whom I get to grow old. I look back over the 15 years we have spent together and I know my love for him tomorrow will be more. I love the fact that Nate knows how to make me feel loved and secure; how I can make him laugh over the silliest things; but it's that familiarity which is the best part of our relationship. The desire we both have to share our every thought with each other...it's not getting duller as the years goes on, it's getting more rich! So my dear friends who are entering into this season, enjoy every moment! Know that this excitement and love will turn into appreciation, zeal, respect, and dedication. It is a bond that will keep your love growing. I am thankful for that!
Top photo: David and Elisa Cobb Wed 11/16/2013 Bottom photo: Jordan Southern and Sarah Costello to be wed 11/30/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment