Sunday, July 29, 2012

Brethren and Strangers



If you look up the word hospitality, the meaning giving is a treatment of, reception, or disposition towards. Over the past nine months of living in Bocachica I am leaning that hospitality means more than just the fellowship with those I know and enjoy, it also means opening yourself to those you don't know or may not feel comfortable with (yet).  I am learning this as I have established friendships here on the island, shared in wonderful times of fellowship with team from Minnesota, and as I prepare my heart to say good bye to 3 special German girls who I have lived with for the past 9 months that if I did not allow myself to open up to give a certain disposition towards, I would not have these relationships in which I cherish. 
 Beloved, you do faithfully whatever you do for the brethren and for the strangers. 3 John 5


                                                      House update!
Casi, casi as the locals would say...we are almost done! What's next? Well, windows are here and are waiting to be put in, We are waiting on more brick to finish the last wall in the bathroom and then to pour the concrete roof! So close! Please continue to pray for safety, strength, and speed as we do the            finishing touches.          
 This is Bethany, Tim, and Annie helping us acid wash the brick in the boy's bedroom. Behind them is the bathroom.
Front view of our house. Do you like our electrical poles??? Bocachican style ;)
On July 17th we celebrated Nate's 35th birthday....and with his strong disposition we thought a Pink Barbie party would be a way to say we love you! Everyone from Staff, to team members to friends came and participated!                                                                                                                       


Blessings to you and your families!
Thank you for your prayers for our family.
With love,
The Ariels

3 comments:

  1. I believe I can speak for the team and say that we certainly felt honored to be part of your journey!
    Praying for your family, your house, and for the mission.
    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. So happy to see the Lord strengthening you all and blessing your work there. Can't wait to see you in January!

    ReplyDelete
  3. House is looking great! I know it will be an embassy of ministry and hope for many years to come :-) Blessing to all!

    ReplyDelete